Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Monday, April 24, 2017

One productive week

This week was really good for us. It was one of our most productive weeks. We had zone conference and after Elder Carrillo the AP came with us on an exchange. The night he was with us happened to also be the night we visited the Venezuelan family and so it was so nice to have someone who could speak and teach in Spanish. it was a very spiritual lesson because there was no language barrier between us. The next few days following we did our best to fill our time wisely and we were able to teach more people and contact more people. We visited Sultan this week and he had a big gash on his head and a bunch of stitches. We asked him what had happened and he said that last Sunday after work he got in an argument with some kid and the kid picked up a piece of wood and smashed it on his head. he told us that he realizes that if he was at church that this would have never happened and he promised us he wouldn't miss church again no matter if he had work or not. So far he has been true to his word hence he was at church yesterday. Then Bridget. We have been trying to get her to come to church and she kept making excuses but this week as we were getting ready for church she gave us a call and said "Hey when are you leaving for church? My husband and I are going to give you a ride." She is awesome! 
That was my week.

Oh and the heat. it is very hot I'm not exactly what the temperature has been but i assure you it is very hot. I am very used to it now. I don't sweat as much as I used to but of course I still sweat a lot. Everyone sweats a lot here. I am pretty used to it. When we get into the apartment we crank on the A/C and I like to just stand under it and blow on my face for five minutes. Its great. I love A/C sooo much. 

On Easter here in Guyana everyone goes out and fly's kites and so we all bought kites and went and flew them on our P day last week after we emailed.  There is a sunset and then  a picture of the fishman's truck. We met the Alligatorman, the Duckman, but we haven't contacted the Fishman yet just rode past him a few times.








Love Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment