Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Monday, April 10, 2017

Power of prayer

Hey
Its been  good to hear from you. I love you all so very much! 

This week was good with lessons and everything. Our investigator Bridget tells us she knows the church is true but she wants to attend our church only occasionally so that she can still attend the church she is currently attending. Elder Cooper was praying one night and asked what can we do to help Bridget and the thought came into his head "Ye cannot serve two masters" After I finished praying he goes Elder Fisher do you know what scripture we need to share with Bridget and the first thing that pops in my head was "You cannot serve God and mammon." Elder Cooper goes "How did you know my scripture!" When we visited her the next day we shared these scriptures with her and before we even start reading she starts laughing and says "You guys are smart!" and committed to coming to church every week. Having said that, she missed church yesterday because she was sick and stuff. We will get her there eventually! 

My next story is with Soltin. We were teaching him about the Book of Mormon and after we invited him to be baptized on June 10th. Before we even finished he had a big grin on his face and said absolutely! 

Then we were teaching one of my favorite families Zalina, Alisa and Ne-az. They are great. I think I mentioned them once before in the past. They are Muslims and we were reading from the Book of Mormon with them they started asking all sorts of questions about the priesthood and baptism and different things. Alisa also said she got an answer that Joseph Smith was indeed a true prophet. They are all so great!

Another nasty squished centipede! I just hope I don't find an alive one! 



 Anyways i hope that was good!

Love you all!
Elder Fisher 

No comments:

Post a Comment