Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Happy Easter

 
Hey

Well this week has been good.  We are working hard and enjoying the Easter season with lots of rain and sunshine. The weather has a hard time making up its mind.

On Thursday we got Transfer calls. I am staying and Elder Sanchez is being Transferred. My new Companion will be Elder Wall from California. Things should be good. I don't really know Elder Wall but I hear he is a pretty good missionary. He should get here on Thursday. I have Elder Eads and Elder Killian with me here right now as they await their new companions. We are trying to balance Canje and Rosehall's areas with ours but it looks like we will spend almost all of the time here in new Amsterdam because of the baptism we have on Saturday for Diana Thakoor. She is the branch President's niece and recently has been living next door to the Branch President with her Dad. She is doing well and has gained a pretty strong testimony in the few months we have been teaching her. Its pretty cool because I taught her the second lesson last transfer on an exchange and now I have taught her most of the lessons this transfer. We had her interview last night and it went really well. Elder Eads says it was really good. 

General Conference was awesome and I really liked it! This years sessions was actually the clearest on my mission. The audio worked and sounded clear so it wasn't hard to understand anyone and the internet only stopped working a couple of times! It was awesome. No interruptions during the solemn assembly. It was very spiritual and I received my witness that President Nelson is a prophet of the Lord. I really like the new ministering idea and I feel like its going to work a lot better here then home teaching and visiting teaching. 

There has been lots of loud music everywhere for the Easter weekend. Its an entire weekend celebration. During the day the music is blasting in all the church's and in the evenings its blasting in all the neighborhoods. Also whenever a holiday falls on Sunday it gets carried over to Monday that's why I couldn't email yesterday. We celebrated our Easter Monday at the church playing Domino's at our Easter Monday Branch activity, a very popular game here and enjoying food while all the kids fly kites. There's always kites in the air and its supposed to symbolize the assention of Christ into heaven. Its been good. Today we are doing our shopping and emailing because everything was closed yesterday. We are still working hard and staying busy all of the time. Love you all!

Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment