Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Monday, December 5, 2016

Anaconda

(Just a fair warning to Grandma Fisher......content may not be to your liking)

Hey sorry for not sending pictures last week. 

Our email time got cut a little short. 
This week we were teaching one of our investigators Onika, who is a 15 year old girl and a friend started to come to the lessons. Then out of the blue her friend, Anasha said that she would like to be baptised so their baptism dates are set for the 17th. 

Our other investigator with a baptism date is Mark. He is a 12 year old boy and his date is set for the 24th. He was an old investigator we decided to pick back up. He came to church yesterday and bore his testimony and shared about how he has been exploring all the other churches in the area and he feels this one is the true church. All very exciting. 

My companion and I haven't had our one handed push up contest but I will report the results when it happens. 

We also visited the Alligator man this week. He didn't have any meat for us but he let me hold an andaconda. 

He is also making me an alligator scripture case. 

Creolese just like jiberish. Its like a mix of english, dutch, and french but its mostly english. When I say I'm sorry I can't understand you they say why not I'm speaking english but it sounds like a  completely different language. I'm picking it up a little more but still am struggling with a lot of people. But there's also other people who are easily understandable and don't speak creoles but everyone here seems to understand each other. Its pretty crazy. any ways thats all I got

Heres a 5000 dollar bill (for those who are wondering that is $32 and a bit Canadian) and me after I had recovered from trying a ghost pepper




Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment