Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Leaving New Amsterdam

This week has been good. I am a little sad to be leaving New Amsterdam but excited to go to Patentia. Back to La Grange Branch! I got my last Sister June's bake and local juice and am almost packed up! I got my last good byes with pretty much every one. 
We have been working really hard with Vanita and Joshua. They are going to be baptized this coming Saturday and so I am just missing it. I have taught them pretty much all of the lessons. Vanita got engaged to Richard Bacchus who was a less active member. His family is very active however. She was Hindu but has been gaining a testimony of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ ever since she has heard it and her and Richard haven't missed a week of church since they have been taking the lessons. Richard has been blessing the sacrament each week and just received a calling to be the assistant Branch clerk. That will be very helpful for the Branch. They are getting married in November and really want to prepare to go to the temple next year. They said they would send me a wedding invitation. 
Joshua is 11 years old. His family are all members of the church but they have been waiting on his baptism so that his Dad can perform the baptism. The problem is he's not worthy and has showed no sign of changing and coming back to church so his mom got impatient and so we have been preparing Joshua for this big day. He's a really good kid who is excited to be baptized. 
It was really good to see all of you yesterday and I am excited for the next time I see you!


My good byes to George the monkey.




Love Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment