Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Monday, March 5, 2018

Phagwah

Hi
This week been really good. 
First to answer your question MLC is Missionary Leadership conference so all of the zone leaders flew to Trinidad to discuss plans for the mission. Elder Sanchez is a zone leader so he went to that. It also was the last one in Trinidad. They have a new mission office in Curacoa and have begun moving stuff over. 

This week has been fun. We finished our trio with elder Hanni and Elder Eads. My exchange with elder Henrickson in Corriverton was pretty fun. You can see Suriname from there. Its a pretty nice place. Getting back with Elder Griffeth and Rosehall was fun too. We got a surprise attack by some recent converts a little early for Phagwah. Friday was Phagwah and before I got picked up to go to New Amsterdam we went out and got completely soaked head to toe in some very colorful water. Its been fun. In New Amsterdam everywhere Elder Sanchez and I went we got covered in colored powder. Its definitely a holiday i think we need to celebrate in Canada more. 

Me and Elder Griffith and the assailants as well as the last day of the trio.




More Phagwah pictures





That night I had the Caribbean thunder and woke up with a terrible stomach ache and head ache. The next morning was very painful. I felt week and couldn't eat anything. I wish I could have some of mom's soup. I have only eaten bananas and yogurt the last three days. Lots of the missionaries here in Berbice are getting sick. Diarrhea and vomiting. I have been able to manage I Just can't take too much at one time. I feel a lot better now then I did and I forced my self to work and we had some lessons. It was good. Still can't eat too much and still having the thunder but things are going well. 

The branch seems pretty cool and we are teaching our Branch president how to read. It should be a fun transfer! I have been able to see a lot more of Berbice since i was up in Skeldon and Rosehall for most of this week and I think the Coryntyne is a pretty nice place. I am now in New Amsterdam with my companion and we are working really well together. It should be fun. Its not too bad being here since I already know and have even taught some of these people before on exchanges.



Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment