Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Monday, October 10, 2016

Superstitious Voodoo

Hey Dad everything has been going really well. My mission president is President Pratt from Florida. 

I am serving right now in a small town called Amherst Nova Scotia but its right on the New Brunswick border. We just had a thanks giving Dinner in Moncton New Brunswick with other missionaries in our district and are staying the night here. There is a zone meeting here tomorrow and president Pratt gave us permission to go shopping tomorrow for sweaters and anything else we need. Its really pretty here and we have had really good weather. One of my companions sent me some pictures of us so I will send you them. 

We are in a Trio. Its myself Elder Ipson from Utah and Elder LeRoy from Belgium! I really like them! there funny guys. There is about 40 people in our branch and we did a service project the other day for the Lee Wen family. Brother Lee Wen was really surprised to here I was going to Trinidad because that is were he was born and where his family is all from. He then told me how superstitious Trini people are himself included and that voodoo is huge over there. He told me how they are a very spiritual people especially his family and that he had a dream the a day before I came of a man in a white suit which symbolizes death. He says he thinks I'm connected some how and that he is going to call his Dad and get a list of names of all his relatives in Trinidad for me. 

There was so much rain in Dominican that you could barely see on our way to the air port. There were fallen over trees and a few car accidents. Some parts of the road where covered in half a foot of water. When driving close to the ocean the waves would crash up against the shore splashing water onto the road. We were in a dinky little diesel taxi and our driver would yell HURRICANE!!!! He didn't speak much English but he got us to the airport on time. It was pretty crazy. 

I love hearing about Baxter I hope he is doing good. 

We are teaching a less active and his brother and they are taking it really well. His baptismal date is on the 19th I think but I'll try to double check on that. The way things are going I am sure he will have no problem being baptized then! Its really exciting! And I do have a printer here and yes my p days are on Mondays! Anyways I love you all Lots!

Elder Fisher




No comments:

Post a Comment