Elder Fisher - Trinidad Port of Spain Mission

Monday, June 4, 2018

"Fisher" of men

Wow that sounds pretty sweet. Crazy week. 

You know I have never met this man you call Kenneth before. He better be as good as all of you say he is because I don't want any chump marring my sister. But in all seriousness its pretty great she is getting married. 
Last zone conference we studied about the temple and its a sweet place! Let me know about more details when you get them all figured out! Its pretty exciting. 

This week has been really good. We have been exceedingly good at dodging the rain. We didn't get soaked head to toe once and it has poured this week. Something really crazy that happened, yesterday at church we were going into Elder's quorum. The on going joke some of the members have here is that I am a "Fisher" of men and they like to ask me how many fishes have I caught. I said I hadn't caught too many this week but that I will next weekend with the Jairam boys. Brother Peter the man talking to me said well you better go talk to that guy then so you can catch more. There was a young adult sitting on his own that I hadn't really noticed before. I walked up to him. He told us his name is Mohamed, he's 20 years old and he lives in Patentia. The meeting started and after the meeting we got to talk to him more. He said he was on a bus and a women on the bus called for everyone's attention and began preaching the gospel. He said it got him so motivated that he decided he wanted to join a congregation. He used to go to Church of Christ on the east coast and has fellow shipped with Penticostal missionaries before. He didn't really know what this church was but he decided to come and check it out anyways. We set up a teaching appointment for Wednesday and we are really excited to begin working with him. 


Love Elder Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment